This page does not have a description.
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Source: New Mexico State University Circular No. 396. (Entered by Jerry Markham)
A marvelous dish to use as a side to a main meat dish. Chiles prepared this way are delicious and can be a main dish when stuffed with meat instead of cheese and served along with re-fried beans and rice.
Step by Step Instructions
- Peel peppers, open small slit below stem and remove seeds.
- Combine cheese and onion before carefully ( to avoid breaking pepper) filling with cheese or meat filling.
- Cook until golden brown, turning once, in 360 - 365 degree oil.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Beat yolks until thick.
- Sift together dry ingredients, and add to yolks, blending well.
- Fold whites into yolk mixture.
- Dip stuffed peppers into batter then fry in deep fat, turning once, until golden brown.
Comments added by fellow market members.