This page does not have a description.
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Source: Internet (Entered by Jerry Markham)
An easy reecipe to use!
Serves: 5 Pints
Some Fesh Beets
2 Cups Sugar
2 Cups Water
2 Cups Vinegar
Step by Step Instructions
- Cook beets (boil) in enough water to cover until tender.
- Allow to cool enough to handle
- Remove the outer skin from the roots (it should just slip off).
- If roots are small (1" or less) leave whole otherwise quarter or half, as desired.
- Place in clean pint jars.
- Boil brine ingredients and pour over beets to within 1/2 inch of jar rim.
- Wipe rim to remove any splatters then apply domes and rings.
- Process 10 minutes in hot water bath canner. If any jars don't seal within 24 hours place them in the refrigerator and use immediately or reprocess using a new dome.
Comments added by fellow market members.